Tuesday, June 23, 2015


I have many places that i like to go when I  write. Today I chose BAB..For those of you  that do not know what BAB stands for... Bare Ass Beach... Also know as AKA...Grosse Jean Park. This place is so old my Mother used to come here when she was growing up. U can only reach this place buy walking into a wooded area on many of the paths that have been made over the years...They all lead to the same place, The Applecreek, which begins down below Apple Creek, Ohio, through the country side into South East Wooster, Ohio, which is where BAB, is, then goes on too empty into the Kilbuck River on the South Side Of Wooster, Kilbuck goes, on on on...
Ill try to depict what I am seein to you right now. In front of me is the creek, right now the water is high so its moving more rapidly then normal. We have had a lot of rain and this area was flooded just two days ago you couldnt even get into the water or any of my sitting spots. There are a variety of different birds singing in the trees that stand tall and give the perfect amount of shade, to just sit and relax. There are wild flowers in patches here and there and  bushes with berries, not the kind you eat. I am sitting up against a hill like a chair with my laptop on my lap. Serveral paople with a couple children came past and they all had smiles on there faces. They were all drenched with sand stuck to there arms legs and cloths. Here comes a family body floating down the water. There little gitrl is refusing to leave the water, but they are ready to go, lol that sure brings back memories. One time just after it had been raining all morning, the sun came out and was shining bright and it was hot. I decided to take my son and one of his friends down here to hang out a little while and splash around a bit. When we got there the water was deep in some areas and in the deeper areas there was a good current. we round a spot that was shallow enough they could play, and I gave them there areas to stay in. Well being children they went a bit to far and the current pulled them both under, I couldnt run fast enough my heart was beating a mile a minute litterraly out of y chest. Just as I hit the water here they come, both of them right up out of the water onto the sand, like the current just spit them out. When i reached them my son was catching his breath and and panting, his friend was in shock crying yelling Mommy he was breathing hard but he didnt move, i knealt down to him and took him up into my arms and carried him and walked my so to our towels. I grabbed his towel and i sat down and wrapped him good and snug and rubbed his hair and rocked him,.. Few weeks before this, his mother had passed away, so I was absolutly heart broken, his mother was a very very good friend, she had died of from an overdose.  After he calmed down he was able to speak he said i saw my mom, i looked at him and i said you did, he said yes she was in the water, she helped us get up. I had to hold my breathe and tuck him back into a hug as i could not hold back the tears. My son was sitting next to us and his eyes began to overflow with tears and spill down his cheeks, so i grabbed him up and we sat there cryiing and holding eachother. Kyle pats his friend on the back and said its alright, you have my Mom now.
I will never ever forget that. Uhhh I am crying right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment