Monday, June 22, 2015

When I was addicted to pain medication it was a really difficult time for me. I struggled for nearly 16 years on and off, more on. Each time i would make myself quit cold turkey and withdraw was intense. I nearly died three times because i didn't go to the hospital but twice for the withdrawal symptoms. The last time I used anything was back in July of 2014. i abused morphine taking 100-120mlgs a day. By October it was killing me and I decided to quit again...This time my sister flew into Dallas to come talk to me about going to a hospital, so I did. And if i had not I would have dies in my sleep. I woke up the next morning to a man sitting on the foot of my bed, he patted my leg and said you made it you did it, I knew you could do it. When they admitted me into the hospital I had barely no blood pressure and they were not able to start an iv or draw blood, so if i was not able to keep the meds down so i could hydrate i would have had to have a surgery to insert a pic line in my chest.This man was My Doctor. He is one of the Top Opiot Dependent Physicians in the country, and he saved my life. I stayed in the hospital for three days then was released. The next month was a struggle, i could barely move i had no energy and everything hurt. I met with my doctor once a week and he taught me so much about myself and my addiction. I am so grateful that i had the honor to be seen by such an amazing doctor. He helped me realize what the drugs were doing to my insides and how i had been very lucky to not have any damage, the next time it will kill me. I believe that and I am clean still to this day. I smoke pot but to me its better then killing myself getting addicted to pills again because i cant take it.
I want you to all know that you are not alone in your struggles. I am not a professional with degrees but I AM AN EXPERT WITH EXPERIENCE  and to me, thats someone who gets it. Anytime anyone needs some advice about them selves or someone they love and know i am here i am honest and i will keep it between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment